We all know change is a need. We need to adapt and evolve. This has been witnessed in history. We have changed from trunk calls to Skype calls. From letters to what’s app. For any change to be in practice there is a need to understand the requirement for the change and the expected outcomes. And so the position of Business Analyst comes in into existence wherein this role helps to understand.
Today’s environment is changing and demanding, businesses need to adapt the change continuously in order to become successful in the market. More often such changes are supported by use of IT. A Business analyst comes into picture in one of such scenario. A Business Analyst acts as a catalyst in this situation; who works closely with business and IT team to find best possible and innovative solutions to business problems.
BCS, The Chartered Institute of IT is globally recognized Organization for their highly reputed Certification programs. They have various certification programs as per the need in business environment. BCS has developed a Unique Diploma for Business and IT professional to understand the detailed Business Analysis practice. This Diploma is not only internationally recognized certificate but also has great demand because of it’s course structure and knowledge shared. BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis is an industry recognized certification; which illustrates the knowledge, skills and capabilities for an effective and successful Business analyst. This diploma provides a well-defined approach for the business analyst with the help of proven techniques and best practices. It benefits business analysts and others who need to understand businesses and define how they should change.
There is no direct requirement for the applicant to have specific years of experience. To proceed for this diploma, candidate needs to have passed below four modules;
- One knowledge based specialism
- Both the Core Modules
- One practitioner specialism
The Diploma examination structure possesses modular approach for written exam per module and then a final oral exam after clearing four of the above courses. The final oral exam conducted by two examiners up to 50 minutes of duration. The oral exam is mainly focused on discussion of experience of candidate and questions on topics from the syllabus including the specialist modules.
As an exemption, The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) holder is exempted from the Requirements Engineering module and the Knowledge-based specialist module.
Benefits of BCS diploma:
- The diploma syllabus has a flexible structure. There are core modules, but candidate can choose which optional modules they want to take. Therefore study pathway can be customized. Unlike other business analyst courses where specific book is mandatory.
- This Diploma is recognized and demanded by well established and well recognized employers.
- This Diploma is suitable for aspiring Business Analysts, new Business analysts as well as experienced BAs; who want to formalize their knowledge.
- This Diploma has common ground techniques and practices for Business analysis. It provides a common baseline of knowledge that all Business Analyst should have.